Sunday, April 25, 2010

Aromatherapy and Essential oil

Since I cut down on smoking to two cigarettes a day, I have dived in to my vanity venture....

In recent times, I have been pondering in trying out aromatherapy products that might help me sleep and keep me calm... Several products I have seriously considered...  The Body Shop Deep Sleep or Divine Calm essential Oil, l'occitane lavender oil or Aveda's lavender scented oil.



All of a sudden, two days ago, this thought came to my head... my lungs are not feeling too good nowadays and they might need some help.

Unfortunately, neither the Body Shop and l'occitane have essential oils for herbs known to help the respiratory system.

Aveda does have readily applicable scented oils based for different herbs. Unfortunately, we couldn't quite figure out which oils to use to handle both sleeping/calming and respiratory system issues.

Taken the suggestion I was given, I went to Whole Body in Whole Food and found myself the alternative....


I went ahead and got myself the blended essential oil called Breathe Easier by Wyndmere.  This oil contains:  Ocimum basilicum (Basil) essential oil, Melaleuca viridiflora (Niaouli) essential oil, Eucalyptus globulus (Eucalyptus) essential oil, Pinus sylvestris (Pine) essential oil, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) essential oil, Lavandula vera (Lavender) essential oil, Cedrus atlantica (Cedarwood) essential oil.

Granted, I could have gone ahead and gotten essential oil from all herbs known to help the respiratory system and sleeping/relaxing.  Unfortunately, first, I have no idea which herbs to use and, second, I don't really want to break my bank account with my initial trial with "essential oil" related experimentation... think about it... 13- 15 dollars a bottle in the store...

I also got myself a bottle of carrier oil (wow... technical term) so that I can make my own scented oil.... (OMG... I never would have thought that the day would come especially when it was not until this week when the concept of making your own scented body product was first introduced to me...)

This morning, for the first time in my life, I mixed some of the grape seed oil naturally enriched with vitamin E (8-O God, I am reading too many labels on them bottles 8-O lol) and a drop or so of the essential oil and message it into what I considered as the "lung" area... with the wish that the ingredients could really be absorbed through the skin and help my lungs to get rid of the cigarette residues.

Does it really help?

Can't quite tell you since this is the second day.

My gut feeling says, though, that... it actually might have helped since it feels as if my lungs have been trying harder to clear things out... of course... whether it is related to the use of essential oil or not...

And... as long as I don't go over board and as long as it doesn't hurt...

No comments:

Post a Comment