Thursday, June 23, 2011

Caffé d'orzo

Back to keep my friend with a broken foot company and she made some Orzo Orzo for me.. as opposed to Orzo and Coffee.

This is the first time I try it out...

What does it taste like?

I think that Orzo along tastes and smells very much like barley tea... or... 麥茶...

So, how does caffè d'orzo differ from barley tea if both can involve the consumption of roasted barley?

So I found a writing about Barley beverages on Italian Wiki- correct me if I am wrong but... it seems like that the differences might reside in people's attempt to either make the drink more coffee-like or tea-like...

Maybe you only need to roast barley for a shorter time if what you want is roasted barley tea? (Feel free to correct me since it is only a guess)

BTW, check out the following link in case you would like to make your own Caffé d'orzo...

No comments:

Post a Comment