Saturday, June 18, 2011

Free calling plans within the US and Canada

Never really paid much attention to calling plans since I don't like to talk on the phone.  As a result, there was never really a need for me to look for free calling plans.

Though I don't have a cellphone, I do have a land line... something I have had for the longest time and might as well keep it.

Had the chance to try out skypeout when it was free within the US-- though use it nowadays mainly when I have to make long distance calls... say between the US and Taiwan.

By chance, I rediscovered google voice tonight....and realized that... sweet... google voice allows you to make free phone calls within the US and Canad-- provided that you make your phone calls from within the US and Canada.

There is one thing I have to say, though, about the quality of GV... sometimes the voices are so low that you can barely hear what people are talking about....

No comments:

Post a Comment